Monday 21 February 2011

A fair few miles to go.


At the begining of the year i made the resolution to do more exercise. As a result i started walking around my local area a few times a week. One day on such a walk i thought why not make it more interesting.

Whilst trudging through the mud and rain i knew that it would only be a matter of weeks before i got bored. This was in January after i had just started! What i needed was a goal, something to aim for. Maybe then i would actually stick to my resolution for a change.

I pondered over what i could do for days. Then the number 1 million popped up in my mind. 1 million what though? 1 million miles, impossible. 1 million metres, now that could surely be achieveable? So off i went to try and convert my numbers.

1 million metres = 1000km or 621.3 miles

Wow, that is a lot of miles! The more i thought about it the less distant it seemed. So that was what i decided.

My mission is to walk 1 million metres (1000km or 621.3 miles) before the end of the year.

I know the end of the year gives me absolutely ages to complete my goal but i wanted something realistic and achieveable. There was no point in setting a time limit that was never going to happen. I hope to finish it a long time before the end of the year. It's something i will be doing in my spare time rather than going for it all in one go. Another reason for my time limit.

As well as keeping my resolution and getting fitter i would also like to raise money for CRY (Cardiac Risk in the Young). They raise awareness of sudden adult deaths from undiagnosed heart conditions and run a screening program.

If i can achieve all three of these things this year i will be very happy.

Visit http://www.justgiving.com/Tracey-Ashworth82 to make a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment