Monday 21 February 2011

How it's going so far


Right well i've only just decided to do a blog about this so i guess i have a lot of catching up to do.

I started my walking on January 15th 2011 and in that month walked a total of 16.73 miles or 26.93km. Not a lot really given how far i have to walk! Although this was before i decided on my mission. February is going better i have to say. So far i have walked 39.59 miles or 63.72km.

It's so relaxing wandering through the countryside. Apart from when you realise your being followed by the hunt on your sunday afternoon stroll. I must say i got through those fields in double quick time because there was no way i was staying around to be surrounded by horses and hounds! Taking in the sights and the sounds, looking over at endless fields of green makes me really appreciate where i live. Sometimes i wish i lived in a more built up area like Oxford but i really don't think i would enjoy it.

So on my trips so far i have fallen on my bum twice, nearly been caught up in the middle of a hunt, had a RAF helicopter hover so low over my head i could see in the cockpit, been terrorised by many dogs and got absolutely soaking wet in the rain. I've seen Canada Geese, ducks, water hens, kestrels, rabbits, pheasants and deer amongst other things. As i sit writing this there is a woodpecker on the tree outside my window.

Hopefully i will keep writing as i keep walking.

Total so far: 90650
Left to go: 909350

Visit http://www.justgiving.com/Tracey-Ashworth82 to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment