Tuesday 14 June 2011

Welcome back


Well it's been a long time since i last wrote a blog. Nevermind i'm back now. So what's been happening? Well i've been walking. Not quite as much as i should have for certain reasons but i'm picking up the pace again now.

At first i thought the web in my picture was a huge spiders nest which obviously i wasn't thrilled with. I noticed that it had long black things on and when i got closer i realised it was full of caterpillars. I don't think i've ever seen so many nevermind a nest.

I mentioned in my last blog that i saw a heron flying overhead. I've seen it quite frequently of late. On one trip i saw it in the river but it saw me first and flew off. A few days later i walked a little more cautiously when i got to the same point and there were two. They are obviously very shy birds as they both flew off as soon as they saw me. I still can't get over how big they are.

There are lots of horses around where i live and they keep themselves to themselves. Very rarely do they come over and say hello. One day when it was raining i took an umbrella and two horses that i regularly walk passed looked at me as though i was the oddest thing they had ever seen. It was almost a look of what the hell is that?

Talking about odd things, one of these horses was just stood around eating grass as they do. As i carried on walking it sudddenly dropped to the ground and started rolling on it's back just like a dog. I have never seen a horse do that and i must admit it did make me chuckle.

It has been raining a lot lately which is part of the reason i haven't been out. The other day i just thought sod it i was fed up with waiting for it to stop so i just put on my waterproofs and off i went. Of course half way through my walk it stopped raining.

On this particular walk i was minding my own coming down the hill. I had my head down in an attempt to stop my glasses getting any further wet. Glasses with windscreen wipers now there's an idea. Anyway as i was looking at the verge i spotted what i assumed was a penny. I bent down to pick it up but it felt thicker than a penny. It was a pound coin. It was filthy and had some dents in it so it took a while to work out if it was a pound or not. It was dated 1985, i don't think i've seen a pound coin that old. I wonder how long it had been sat there. So my walk turned out to be a profitable one.

I must try harder not to leave it so long between blogs. I probably keep saying that and the time between them is probably getting longer but i must try harder.

Total so far: 452890
Total left to go: 547110

Visit http://www.justgiving.com/Tracey-Ashworth82 to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment