Thursday 12 May 2011

The wrong trousers


I went for a short stroll yesterday which was nice. At the river i saw the little ducklings briefly as their mother hurried them off to safety. One of them got left behind and was chirping rather loudly but finally managed to catch up with the rest of the brood. I only walked a couple of miles. It was my first day back at work yesterday and to be honest i was a little tired. If i'd have sat down for too long i would have probably nodded off which was another reason i went for a short stroll.

Today i went for a longer walk as i had a day off. Yes i know i've only been back at work one day but that's just the way it is. There were a lot of ominous looking black clouds hovering overhead but nothing came of them. It was deceptively warm as well, despite the the clouds and wind.

I usually wear jeans when i go for a walk. Today i chose to wear my combat type trousers as they are made of thinner material. There was one problem i had not forseen when i made this decision. The whole walk i either had them hanging around my bum like a youth hanging around the enterance to Co-op with his gang, pulling them up or my hands firmly wedged in my pockets in an attempt to keep them up. Let's just say it did not make my walk a pleasurable experience. Next time i shall dig out a belt or stick to my jeans which i know stay in the right place.

Total so far: 352100
Total left to go: 647900

Visit http://www.justgiving.com/Tracey-Ashworth82 to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment