Saturday 12 March 2011

First sign of madness


What a lovely day it was today. The sun was out and the birds were chirping. In fact such a lovely day i went for a walk. Again.

My pace today was pretty good. I did the first two miles in 35 minutes which i was impressed with as most of that is up a bloody great hill. Although the more i walk the more i find these huge hills seem to flatten themselves out. Seriously it is almost as though i'm getting fitter with every day that passes. I don't want to believe it myself in case it's just a figment of my imagination. Anyway i walked 6.04 miles in 1 hour 46 mins which i think is bloody good going for a mere amateur like myself.

I listen to my iPod as i'm walking. There's nothing like singing at the top of your voice and then realising that there is someone walking behind you. It has happened! As well as listening to music i have found that i talk to myself. First sign of madness many may say. Too late i lost my marbles a long time ago. I think in some instances i do it to give myself encouragement if i'm struggling sometimes i must just fancy a one sided conversation. What would be more embarrassing, singing to your self or talking to yourself? I don't care to be honest. Maybe one day i will record one of my walks on camera.

Other things that happened. I stood on two railway bridges and two trains went under now that is what i call timing. Not at the same time obviously that's just laughable. I saw a few ramblers sitting in a field eating their packed lunches. I now have a blister upon a blister upon a blister which really hurts. Oh and the badger didn't smell quite as rancid.

Total so far: 161090
Total left to go: 838910

Visit http://www.justgiving.com/Tracey-Ashworth82 to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment