Wednesday 2 March 2011

A long stroll


Today i walked the furthest i've walked so far. 6.07 miles is a bloody long way when half of it is uphill.

It was lovely and sunny but quite chilly at times. I was checking my phone whilst gazing across the fields and a lady stopped because she thought i was taking pictures and was going to offer to take one of me. What a kind gesture from a complete stranger.

As i was walking up the road someone i know stopped and asked me if i was on my travels again. Upon my confirmation of this said 'You won't be needing a lift then'.

I popped in the shop to pick up my magazine and a sausage roll. Well it's hungry work all of this walking so i thought i'd treat myself to some unhealthy fuel. The sausage roll was only purchased because there was one there and they are yummy. It looked so lonely sat there on it's own.

At one point on the way home i was nearly at the top of the hill and i could see 7 different villages/hamlets. All scattered amongst green fields. When you look at a view like that it makes me wonder why on earth anyone would want to live in a city?

It was a nice walk albeit painful. I had developed a nasty blister by the time i got home. One thing that does spoil it a little is the amount of rubbish on the sides of the road, mindlessly tossed from a car window or dropped by a pedestrian. It's a shame.

Total so far: 124910
Total left to go: 875090

Visit http://www.justgiving.com/Tracey-Ashworth82 to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment